Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Right Hand Magic

Right Hand Magic by Nancy A. Collins

May 30, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from May 27 to 30, 2012 — I own a copy

I've had this book on my TBR pile for a bit, and had been itching to pick it up. Earlier this week, I decided I couldn't put it off any longer... and I'm glad I picked it up!

Tate needs a new place to live, so when she finds an ad for a room inside a boarding house in Golgotham, she decides to check it out. Golgotham is in New York, but it's an old part of town, where the Kymerans and a variety of other supernatural beings live away from the main human population. In fact, most humans stay away from there but Tate really needs a new start.

When she gets to the boarding house and meets the landlord, the alluring Hexe--who only practices right hand magic--she likes him right away. It seems to be mutual, and she moves in. It doesn't take long for her to start fitting into Golgotham and feel like it's where she belongs. But not everyone feels the same way, and when a wounded were-cat hides out in the boarding house, things only get harder...

I absolutely loved this book! I really enjoyed Tate's honest voice, as well as Hexe's good nature. Their attraction was instant, but developed at a nice pace, and the story was fantastic! There were a lot of very interesting characters in this world, and the picture the author painted of Golgotham was so vivid, I often felt as if I was walking down the narrow streets with the characters.

Yeah, this is another keeper for me. Actually, I ordered the second book as soon as I finished this one! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Right Hand Magic.

05/27/2012 page 13
4.0% "I like this one already!"
05/28/2012 page 92
32.0% "This book's a lit of fun! I really like Golgotham."
05/29/2012 page 205
71.0% "I'm REALLY enjoying this book!"
05/29/2012 page 289