Donna's Reviews > Reading Jackie: Her Autobiography in Books

Reading Jackie by William Kuhn

F 50x66
Jan 08, 11

Always had an interest in reading more about Jacqueline Kennedy's career as an editor at two of New York's prestigious publishing houses. Pat Conroy's My Reading Life also on my list of "to read".

This book was a revelation to me about Jackie's stunning success as an editor with two Doubleday. She Having edited 100 books over last 20 years of her life, some of which were major bestsellers, the book also examines her abhorrance of the jet-setting lifestyle. More often than not, she would disappear from parties and gatherings (of Ari's)only to be found in her rooms, reading a book.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reading Jackie.

message 1: by William (new)

William Kuhn Thanks for reviewing my book Donna. I think I identified with her instinct to leave a crowded and noisy room to curl up with a book. :-) Bill Kuhn

Donna Bill wrote: "Thanks for reviewing my book Donna. I think I identified with her instinct to leave a crowded and noisy room to curl up with a book. :-) Bill Kuhn"

Hi, Bill,

How exciting to have you read my comment...and how embarrassing that I obviously did not proof/edit my posting! I truly enjoyed your book and in fact am re-reading it, noting the books Jackie read and enjoyed, aside from the ones she commissioned and/or edited.

I am planning to read at least one of your other works!

Donna

message 3: by William (new)

William Kuhn You're a sweetheart. Keep in touch. I love intelligent readers. You don't know how rare they are.

Donna Re: crowded room vs book...no contest! I love the painting of Jackie reading, her back turned toward back of sofa...all too familiar!

message 5: by William (new)

William Kuhn That's my favorite too. We considered it for the cover.