Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > The Black Lung Captain

The Black Lung Captain by Chris Wooding

Nov 25, 2011

bookshelves: steampunk, owned-copy, fantasy, part-of-a-series, bbb-review, read-in-november-2011, winter-cold-setting, antihero, enemies-to-lovers, lovers-reunited, science-fantasy, demon, 2011-reading
Recommended for: Fantasy readers who enjoy lots of adventure
Read from November 17 to 25, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

More thrilling twists and turns and character conundrums for the reader to keep up with. Very enjoyable. I didn't always like what happened, but I definitely was hooked and wanted to keep reading. All in all, a successful follow up to Retribution Falls. I recommend it.

Reviewed for Bitten by Books. http://bittenbybooks.com.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Lung Captain.

11/18/2011 page 48
11/18/2011 page 144
33.0% "*Shakes fist* Darn you, Trinica Draken!"
11/22/2011 page 221
50.0% "Darian Frey is a complete @$$ when it comes to women. He deserved to be alone for the rest of his life!"

J.M. Ha! Exactly my thoughts. I've been wanting to finish this book but haven't been able to carve out the time. I think this series has jettisoned Wooding to the near-top of my favorite authors list.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) This series has a lot of twists and turns. I can't stay calm when I'm reading it.

J.M. That's a great thing! Do you have a favorite Wooding book?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) This is only my second, although I have several in the pile. I'll get back to you on that.