Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Afterlight

Afterlight by Elle Jasper

Dec 30, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, vampire
Read in December, 2010 — I own a copy

Let me start by saying how much I love this cover! It's absolutely gorgeous, and I think captures the essence of both Riley, and the feel of the book. It's no secret that I'm totally addicted to urban fantasy... I mean, I really enjoy reading a variety of genres, but UF is my weakness. Love it!

So there's nothing better than picking up an urban fantasy book and getting caught up in the main character's life instantly. Which is what happened to me with this book. I was only a few chapters in when I decided to head over to TBD to preorder the next book in The Dark Ink Chronicles. Yeah, I'm a little nuts like that. ;)

Anyway, Riley lives in Savannah--a place that fascinates me, btw--with her teenage brother. She's a respectable adult, running her own successful business called Inksomnia. She's got an eye for art, which comes across in every one of her tattoos. She stays out of trouble, even if trouble is the only thing she knew when she was younger.

However, the day something dark and otherworldly happens to her brother, something that can change the very essence of him, she gets caught up in a hidden world she had no idea about. All of a sudden, she's aware of the existence of magic, and vampires. One in particular--Eli Dupre--sets her heart racing, and it's not just because he's a creature of the afterlight.

This was one seriously AWESOME book. I loved spending time in this dark world, and Riley's a great narrator to follow down this dangerous path. I also think that Riley and Eli are a grea mix, but I can sense a lot of trouble brewing below the intense passion between them.

Can't wait to read more books in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afterlight.