Lisa Wolf's Reviews > Blameless

Blameless by Gail Carriger

Mar 06, 2011

bookshelves: supernatural, werewolves, steampunk

Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series continues on its wonderful way in this newest addition, "Blameless". A non-stop romp through Victorian England, with plenty of vampires, werewolves, and inventors, not to mention one very put-upon wife of a Lord, adds up to an excellent adventure. Gail Carriger's twists and turns of language are delightful, so much so that I had to put the book down at various points in order to giggle over the latest phrase that caught my attention. My only quibble with Blameless is that Alexia and Connall, world's sexiest supernatural/preternatural couple, spend practically the entire book apart, thus depriving devoted readers of their fabulous fights and mad passion. This is offset, however, by lots of pesto, as Alexia escapes across the Alps from Nice to Florence, battles Knights Templar, and in general terrorizes everyone who crosses her path. Unfortunately, the next installment in this terrific series won't be out until next summer, which means way too long a wait for more Alexia, Connall, and the little infant-inconvenience. Fantastic book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blameless.

Quotes Lisa Liked

Gail Carriger
“I am rather fond of ladybugs. They are so delightfully hemispherical.”
Gail Carriger, Blameless