Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Deadtown

Deadtown by Nancy Holzner

Dec 31, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from December 30 to 31, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Technically, I actually finished reading this book a few hours into the new month/year, but because I read the majority of it on Friday, I'm going to add this as my last-book-read-during 2010. :) And what an awesome way to finish the year! I absolutely loved every minute of this fast-paced, well written book. So much that I ordered the second one in the series before I'd even finished it.

Firstly, I just want to say that there are no words to capture just how much I enjoyed this book. It was fantastic. Seriously, this is one awesome book. Vicky's an awesome character and the world she lives in is absolutely amazing.

Victory 'Vicky' Vaughn is Cerddorion (Welsh shapeshifter) and also a kick-ass demon hunter with a lot of survival skills, as well as one particularly dark mark that came about after her father's tragic death. She lives in Deadtown, and has a roommate who happens to be a vampire. Deadtown is where Boston's paranormals live. She's kept very busy with her job of exterminating demons from people's lives. She gets paid well, and is even considering taking on an apprentice--a teenage zombie with a knack for trouble.

However, when a Hellion arrives in Deadtown, her life becomes one big mess. See, she's got a past with this particular Hellion, and she's determined to do whatever it takes to stop him from executing his plans. With so much on the line, she finds herself in one problem after another, leading to an outstanding conclusion.

I know I've already said it, but I loved everything about this book. Even the subplots and love interests--I believe I've got a soft spot for Daniel--added to the overall story. And the worldbuilding's amazing. Pure brilliance.

Yep, this is probably going to make it on my fave-urban-fantasy-series list. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadtown.