Trisha Wolfe's Reviews > The Secret of the Keepers: Kailmeyra's Strength

The Secret of the Keepers by Elizabeth Isaacs

Nov 09, 11

When I first read THE LIGHT OF ASTERIA, I was blown away. Check out the review here. I fell in love with Kailmeyra and the characters of this amazing world. Nora and Gavin’s love is pure, and they don’t explore the usual tediousness in young relationships. They share an amazing connection.

What I loved in the second book was, even though we still saw the connection and purity of their love, they faced much deeper and darker obstacles. Even questioned at times. Gavin was darker. And I didn’t know I could love dark Garvin, but I adored him! Nora had to face some serious issues, too. I honestly didn’t know how she was going to overcome some of them, and my heart went out to her. But I really saw her growth in this book. She’s becoming a fierce and strong woman. Go Nora!

This was also a much more action-packed sequel. It had me on the edge of my seat (bed) holding my breath, and cheering them on. The villains are darker and more sinister, and the stakes are raised. It didn’t lull like other middle books in a series. And I think I loved it maybe just a little more than the first. It definitely brought more to the table with the action. And I thought that balanced the romance perfectly.

Okay, let’s talk about the steamy. I thought the first book made me swoon. It’s got NOTHING on KEEPERS. I loved every tender moment between Gavin and Nora. It’s was gentle and kind, and then hot and passionate. Nothing like Romance books at all. Very tastefully done for YA. And for where the story is taken, it’s a must. It wouldn’t feel authentic otherwise. And personally, I’m all about the steamy ;)

If you haven’t read THE LIGHT OF ASTERIA, do yourself a favor and go out there and find your new favorite series. I’m already counting down the days until Ms. Isaacs delivers the third book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of the Keepers.