Christine's Reviews > Truthseeker

3219357
Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: adult
Read in June, 2012

Warning: This review is for both Truthseeker and Wayfinder.

I had such high hopes for this series, though truthfully I'm not sure why I did. I'd heard of C.E. Murphy before, but hadn't read any of her books before these. Maybe it's because of the inclusion of a fey prince and I was likening it to the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, who writes the fey princes as walking sex sticks and inhuman to the point of being alien. But that's not how he was written at all. I was actually generally confused when he was introduced in the series because he was too... human. And nice. And generally likeable and I was like, hold up. What the hell is going on? He's not fey!

The other thing I wasn't able to get over was how much description there was. Lara tends to recycle over previous ones you read not even a chapter ago, and they also tend to get in the way of conversations, breaking answers to questions by multiple paragraphs so you've forgotten what was asked a page ago due to her internal dialogue. It was rather annoying toward the end.

Overall, it wasn't a bad series. I just had different expectations for it. Also, there's next to none romance. There's mention of sexytimes but nothing more than a couple kisses is described to the reader. This made me sad. So, read at your own risk. If you're looking for a lengthy urban fantasy story without wanting to go through a long ass series, you might want to check these books out.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truthseeker.