Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Aug 08, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, young-adult, mythology, owned-and-read
Read from August 04 to 07, 2012

This series is fast becoming one of my favourites, it's addictive and I can't get enough!
I love the world that Armentrout has created in these books and her characters are fantastic, especially our heroine Alex a kick-ass chick who makes no apologies for who she is and isn't afraid to say the first thing that comes to mind.
I am a huge fan of an Alex-Aiden pairing but in this book Seth has jostled himself into place for a possible pairing with Alex as well, we don't seem to see so much of Aiden in this book which is a pity as he's one of my favourite things about the series especially his scenes with Alex.
But that's not to say Alex and Seth's scenes aren't extremely entertaining, I love their verbal sparring back and forth, I ended up laughing out loud more times than I can remember.
Seth and I weren't getting along at the moment. In our last training session, he'd "accidentally" hit me with a blast of pure energy and I'd "accidentally" thrown a rock at his head.
"Maybe if you're good-and I mean, really good-we can come play in the labyrinth." I rolled my eyes. "Gee really?" He nodded. "You have to eat your dinner, too."
The book continues on from the first book Half-Blood, Alex is training with both Aiden and Seth, the council hearing is coming up where Alex is to appear to testify to the upcoming plans the Daimons have to take over all the Covenants, the plans of which were relayed to her via her Mother before Alex killed her.
With her eighteenth birthday fast approaching and the reality that she will turn into the second Apollyn, Alex has a lot on her plate, add to the fact that Aiden is staying away from her, stops their training together and tells her that he doesn't have any feelings for her leaves her heartbroken.
But someone doesn't want her reaching her next birthday, and they will stop at nothing to make sure she's not alive to receive her Apollyn powers.
I love love, love this series, everybody needs to read it, it is sooo good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

08/04/2012 page 73