The Bookologist's Reviews > Once in a Full Moon

Once in a Full Moon by Ellen Schreiber

Jan 28, 11

bookshelves: arcs-i-own, for-review
Read in January, 2011

Once in a Full Moon is a disappointing and dull werewolf novel coming from Schreiber. Although light and quick, I still never felt anything stood out.

The plot seemed so rush… it’s everywhere! It just didn’t make sense to me and it wasn’t very smooth flowing… it wavered many times. There were a lot of concepts in the novel that seemed so aberrant. The friendships, relationships and drama going on were all jumping around.

Werewolf methology… or was it even werewolf mythology? It was honestly too cliché and I was hoping that Schreiber would add in something fun or an unexpected twist in the book. But instead, we’re left with that “bitten by a werewolf and gets a kiss under the full moon” concept.

Naïve and weak, Celeste never caught my attention. She’s too nice and she never cared about herself or her feelings, it was always just her friends. The fact that she worried about her friends too much had caused her wants and decisions to take a detour. That girl needs to get tougher and stronger! The friendship here was just not a ‘true’ and ‘real’ one. I couldn’t feel anything real with Abby and Ivy. It felt as if they didn’t care about what she wanted or how she felt, just transforming her into something whom she wasn’t?

Brandon and Celeste’s relationship was way too fast and quick. They barely got to know each other… Schreiber should have spent more time on this part instead of hastily going to the relationship itself. I mean, Brandon was wonderful, enigmatic and everything, but it would have been better if there was that added step before their feelings for each other got really serious.

I really wanted to love this story… I did. But sadly, I didn’t. Once in a Full Moon has a lot of potential but never came to be what I expected. Even though this is a disappointing read, I believe Schreiber still has that potential for her future novels. I suggest you to read this, and hopefully, you’ll have a different opinion & will love it, just as much as I wanted to.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once in a Full Moon.

Mad Scientist I think I have seen quite a bit of 2 & 3 stars for this book. :( I'm not sure if I should pick this one up.