Katryna's Reviews > Chain Reaction

F_50x66
Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in January, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up this book. I absolutely adored PERFECT CHEMISTRY, but RULES OF ATTRACTION was a letdown for me. I'm happy to tell you that this book was so much better then its predecessor.

My main problem with the 2nd book was that it seemed to reflect the 1st so much. I couldn't help but feel like they were so similar. Simone has created a new and unique story in CHAIN REACTION though. It's so different to read about a "good" Fuentes brother, at least much better then Carlos and Alex. I think this is what really changed it up and made the story so much different then the other two. I don't want to say much about the plot, but I can tell you that it held my interest and I stayed up all night reading it!

Luis Fuentes had always been my favorite Fuentes brother. He was always so adorable and most certainly the nicest one. In this book my love for him definitely increased. He is such an incredible guy and I fell in love with him. Sure he had some issues, but doesn't everyone? As for Nikki, she was such a real character to me. She has issues too, but I love the way Simone Elkeles handled them because her actions were very realistic.

I have to say that I absolutely love Simone for putting Carlos and Alex in this book. Even though Luis is my favorite Fuentes brother, I still am in love with Alex and I adore Carlos. If you're curious as to what has happened to these two, then definitely pick this book up!

Overall I really enjoyed this book. Of course, it wasn't as amazing and phenomenal as PERFECT CHEMISTRY, but it was certainly a great book. I definitely recommend this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chain Reaction.