Jenn's Reviews > The Performance Factor: Unlocking the Secrets of Teamwork

The Performance Factor by Pat MacMillan

Dec 29, 10

bookshelves: eastlake

1. Standardize Process and Methodology across teams (Pg. 68)
a. What does this mean? Several volunteers may serve on several different teams within ECC, how can we make a more consistent experience across our teams to improve our volunteer engagement with the church as a whole. b. Action for me: Discuss with Stephanie Saad and look for ways to standardize with children’s ministry or Greeters. Develop 1 standard process across all ECC teams.
2. Courtesy (Pg. 146)
a. What does this mean? Take the time to always remember HOW I act. Be kind and courteous when talking with volunteers. “Courtesy is often the manifestation of trust, acceptance and respect” b. Action for me: Always make eye contact when talking to volunteers. Use, “please”, “thank you” when asking individuals to do specific tasks.
3. Time and Pace Do Matter When It Comes to Training
a. What does this mean? Individuals on my volunteer team don’t think as much about the team as I do….as a result they can’t consume as much change/new information/training as I dispense every Sunday. b. Action for me: I need to pace my release of new information, so the new process doesn’t get lost with the next week’s new process. I need to find another person besides Dan Wilson to train Ushers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Performance Factor.