Kelli Lee's Reviews > The Native Star

The Native Star by M.K. Hobson

Jan 16, 11

bookshelves: magic-abound, witches-warlocks-druids-oh-my, steampunk, speculative-fiction
Recommended to Kelli by: myself
Recommended for: Urban Fantasy fans looking for something different and everyone else!
Read from January 10 to 16, 2011

Simply stated, I adore The Native Star.

Personally, I detest anything wild, wild west, yet M.K. Hobson somehow managed to draw me into this era with such ease. Aside from the western era, this book has it all (sounds like Stefon from SNL recommending a NYC club): magic, adventure, human fire hydrant people, Teddy Graham people (Just joshing, or am I; you'll have to read for yourself), whimsical romance, steampunk; the author even throws in reality is what you make it mumbo-jumbo, which to some is bunk yet gospel to moi. So naturally, I loved the Credomancers: reality-is-what-you-make-it Warlocks. So true, so true.

Anyhow, The Native Star is an airy, fun, enjoyable read and I certainly hope there will be more to come, in other words a prolific series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Native Star.

01/10/2011
01/11/2011
22.0% "I ♥ you Native Star."
show 1 hidden update…

Kelly As for the "reality is what you make it," I think one of the best parts was when (view spoiler) The author never comes out and says "yeah, that's why that worked," but it's a great demonstration.

Kelli Lee Kelly wrote: "As for the "reality is what you make it," I think one of the best parts was when [spoilers removed] The author never comes out and says "yeah, that's why that worked," but it's a great demonstration."

Totally agree. I have been a subscriber to the whole "reality is what you make it" since reading Neville Goddard. And what happened on the train (mentioned spoiler) - her belief - gives testament to the power of the mind. Fascinating stuff! It truly is one of my favorite topics to discuss.