Katie W.'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

F 50x66
Dec 29, 2010

bookshelves: harry-potter

Best series in the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Quotes Katie Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Ginny!" said Mr. Weasley, flabbergasted. "Haven't I taught you anything? What have I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain?”

J.K. Rowling
“Oh well... I'd just been thinking, if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet.”

J.K. Rowling
“You will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, you're expelling us aren't you?" said Ron.
"Not today, Mr. Weasley."
Snape looked as though Christmas had been canceled.”

J.K. Rowling
“I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending I'm not there.”

J.K. Rowling
“Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world.”

J.K. Rowling
“Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough.”

J.K. Rowling
“Do I look stupid?" snarled Uncle Vernon, a bit of fried egg dangling from his bushy mustache.”

J.K. Rowling
“Your aunt and uncle will be proud, though, won't they?" said Hermione as they got off the train and joined the crowd thronging toward the enchanted barrier. "When they hear what you did this year?"
"Proud?" said Harry. "Are you crazy? All those times I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious...”

J.K. Rowling
“The three of them fell silent. After a long pause, Hermione voiced the knottiest question of all in a hesitant voice.
“Do you think we should go and ask Hagrid about it all?”
“That’d be a cheerful visit,” said Ron, “ ‘Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?”

J.K. Rowling
“Harry — I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!”
And she sprinted away, up the stairs.
What does she understand?” said Harry distractedly, still looking around, trying to tell where the voice had come from.
“Loads more than I do,” said Ron, shaking his head.
“But why’s she got to go to the library?”
“Because that’s what Hermione does,” said Ron, shrugging. “When in doubt, go to the library.”