valee's Reviews > The Darkest Seduction

2320890
Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance
Read from March 05 to April 15, 2012

While I really liked it, I wasn't crazy about it. It had mayor pros and cons against the previous installments.

Pros:
-The plot was better built. Everything finally came to an end. No more suspense, no more inclusiveness, for once everything ended just as it had to end. You just feel like every word you're reading will take you somewhere important eventually. Nothing was left in the loose with this read.. Which I'm glad because with some of the previous installments I felt like the author took some things from nowhere and tried to make them work.
-We get a lot of information about many of the previous characters but not things narrated from their POV, which in some other installments made me feel like words to fill a book. This way we knew what everybody was doing but not in detail, so we always had no doubt this was Paris' book. I loved that.
-This book is definitely the most important of the series in what the plot is concerned. MANY twists & turns, many mayor events going on and a turning point has been set. So much action and surprises, it makes you wonder what will happen next now with all the Lords...

Cons: (And this is why I haven't rated the book with 5 stars)
-I found the romance between Sienna and Paris a bit lacking. I have been waiting for so long to read his book that too much expectation had been built. It was hard to fulfill it so much time later. I believe this book should have come much sooner than now.
-Paris was such an emotional and deep character in the last reads that it was weird to see the old him from one minute to the next once he got his Sienna back. I thought it would take him some more time or at least he would change into a different -demon- man.
-Also it would have been nice to see more sparks between the 2 of them, at least a bit more than a 'wow-you-got-me-hard-more-than-once' explanation. Yes, at the end they really get to know each other better and justify why they wont to be together, but before that everything seems a bit sappy.

Now so many interesting characters still need their story! Like: Galen & Legion, William & the girl,Kane & Viola? And the new Angel's of dark series will be great too. Can't wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Seduction.

03/12/2012 "I can't seem to find the time to start this one. I have been telling myself it's because I want to have a lot of free time so I can read it with no interruptions but I think it's because I read somewhere that it's really long and describes too many things about too many characters..." 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Yeah, she did torture him for quite a while, didn't she? :-)

message 2: by Katelyn (new) - added it

Katelyn So exciting!

message 3: by Mya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mya I feel the same way. I felt that Paris was such a conflicted character. but to be honest I think Showalter went around in circles to finish how they get together. I didn't like that Sienna could not be seen by others until she became queen. I don't like the following story after this. I was thinking the Keeper or William should be next. But the Angel? I don't know??

Ruthie i think it's gonna be Kane and the white horse-woman of the apocalypse ...