Suzanne's Reviews > A Hidden Affair

Jun 06, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: espionage, fiction, mystery
Read in June, 2011

"Hidden Affair" is the sequel to Jenoff's "Almost Home." While I enjoyed "Hidden Affair" the book started off rather slow and it took some time to engage me in the plot. "Hidden Affair" starts where "Almost Home" ended with Jordan Weiss having left the State Department to search for a boyfriend, who up until just a week before, she had thought was dead. Her journey takes her to Monaco, then Austria, down the coast of Italy and to Greece in search of what seems more like a ghost, if anything.

I found "Almost Home" to be so incredibly suspenseful, almost from the very start, that I was hoping "Hidden Affair" would keep this momentum. However, it slows down as Jordan begins her journey in Monaco, and takes a few strange tangents that delay the momentum of the plot a bit. Jenoff wraps it up rather nicely and brings it all together in the end, but throughout the book, the story becomes disjointed in places and is sometimes hard to follow. Several times I thought of putting the book down, but I'm really glad I kept reading, the ending is definitely worth it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Hidden Affair.