Laura (All of Everything)'s Reviews > Wired

Wired by Robin Wasserman

Jan 13, 11

Read from December 29, 2010 to January 02, 2011

It's been quite a while since I read Skinned and Crashed and I thought it would be hard for me to get back into the characters and story, but it was surprisingly easy to return to the mech world. With that said, however, it took me a long time to read this book; a week if not more, which is really out of the ordinary for me.

The first half of the book was kinda boring, unfortunately. Lia is working with Biomax in a attempt to show the world that she and the mechs are people just like everybody else. I didn't really get the point of her doing this because of course she was lying the whole time and basically acted like a robot: she did what others told her to do, no questions asked. Lia's relationship with Riley is also under stress; she hasn't told him he betrayed his best friend Jude for her and he can't remember because it happened after his memory upload. It was slow going I tell you. Nothing very dramatic happens, and I'm actually having a hard time remembering any details!

The turning point in my mind came with a shocking bit of information courtesy of Jude, which kickstarts Lia into real action and also brings her sister Zoe into the picture. From this point on, things get interesting. Break in's, breakups, fighting, death. Lia and her friends need to infiltrate the company that made them and figure out their real plan for the mechs, a plan that's not only dangerous, but could mean death. And permanent this time.

Besides the slow start and disappointing end, the story was ok. I liked it a lot more because of the sci-fi technology part more than anything, but if you've read the first two books you really have to read this one to see who's changed, what really happened with Lia's accident, and just how far each character has come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wired.