Holly's Reviews > Ice

Ice by Linda Howard

Dec 29, 10

bookshelves: 144-books-in-2010, december-2010, read-in-2010
Read on December 28, 2010

Linda Howard has steadily been going downhill with her more recent releases. When Ice was first published I chose not to read it because a) I was disappointed in LH as a whole and b) it was really expensive as a hardcover for the size. Recently it became available at my library, however, so I decided to check it out. I was pleasantly surprised.

Although light on romance, it seemed more of an early Howard novel. The same tension, suspense and drama from her earlier works were here, along with witty dialogue and an interesting setting. The page count didn't lend itself to much, but Howard made do with what she had. Because of the small page count I think the lack of full HEA at the end (it was more a HFN - let's see where this goes type of thing) worked well.

No, this isn't the Howard I know and love from the late 90's and early 2000's, but it was a lot better than I expected. Still not worth the exorbitant hardcover price, though.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ice.

Eva (TXBookjunkie) That was a ridiculous amount of money to pay for what I consider to be a novella sized book. I like Howard but not that much. Don't tell anyone but, I ended up reading it at the bookstore since it was so short.