Scott's Reviews > Immortal

Immortal by Gene Doucette

Jan 12, 11

bookshelves: finished-2011
Read from January 10 to 12, 2011

This book was fantastic! It's about a man who has been alive for 40,000-60,000 years and currently has a price on his head. It goes through several episodes of his extremely long life, introducing various supernatural (as we think of them) creatures that he has contact with, as well as placing him alongside several major people and events throughout history.

Doucette does a great job of letting you into the mind of an immortal man. He is an alcoholic who doesn't mind letting people know what he is, which of course leads him to trouble. Also it's a lot of fun just to experience different parts of history "as they happened" through his eyes. Also the idea that humanity, despite all it's technological wonders, hasn't changed a whole lot in the past few millennia is a fun thing to think over.

TL/DR: This book is fun, a great read, pretty interesting from all sorts of perspectives and leaves itself open for a sequel that I am greatly looking forward to (not announced yet as far as I know, but we can only hope!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal.

01/10/2011 page 50
15.0% "This book is really great! Super cool premise and so far it's DELIVERED! CHECK IT!"
show 2 hidden updates…