Tara's Reviews > Holiday in Death

Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb

Jan 13, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, mystery-suspense, police-government-agency, audio-book
Read from January 11 to 13, 2011

Another good one in the "In Death" series. It's almost Christmas and Eve Dallas is trying to catch another murderer, this one dressed as Santa and using The Twelve Days of Christmas as his guide. This case also brings back very personal and troubling memories from Eve's past that she has to deal with. Plus she suddenly realizes after being a lober for so long that she has a network of friends that is like her family. She also discovers that having family at the holidays means more Christmas Shopping.

I have to say how much I just adore Peabody, and I'm starting to really like McNab too! Plus it was good to revisit Charles again, I had hopes for him after the first book and I'm glad he's made another appearance. I know that Dallas has a horrible past. That the things that happened to her were terrible. But it's getting a bit monotonous that we revisit them every book. It seems that every case somehow brings them to the surface and continually going to that emotion well is doing a disservice to these book. The mysteries are so well crafted and smart that playing up her past so hard in 7 books is started to make me feel somewhere between emotionally manipulated and completely desensitized to the point where I'm starting to not care how hard Dallas had it. Maybe it's just me. Less is always more.

I'm just at the beginning of this series- I have over 30 books left, so I hope there will be some variety. I would even love a book focused on Peabody!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holiday in Death.