Kimberly's Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Apr 08, 11

bookshelves: vampires, series, romance
Read in September, 2009, read count: 2-3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.

Quotes Kimberly Liked

Richelle Mead
“Bound by Love, But sworn to Kill...”

Richelle Mead
“I know how devastated you must be to miss me, but leave a message, and I'll try to ease your agony”

Richelle Mead
“If your eyes weren't open, you wouldn't know the difference between dreaming and waking.”

Richelle Mead
“I’d said it before and meant it: Alive or undead, the love of my life was a badass.”

Richelle Mead
“Stop fighting me!" he said, trying to pull on the arm he held.

He was in a precarious position himself, straddling the rail as he tried to lean over far enough to get me and actually hold onto me.

“Let go of me!” I yelled back.

But he was too strong and managed to haul most of me over the rail, enough so that I wasn’t in total danger of falling again.

See, here’s the thing. In that moment before I let go, I really had been contemplating my death. I’d come to terms with it and accepted it. I also, however, had known Dimitri might do something exactly like this. He was just that fast and that good. That was why I was holding my stake in the hand that was dangling free.

I looked him in the eye. "I will always love you."

Then I plunged the stake into his chest.

It wasn’t as precise a blow as I would have liked, not with the skilled way he was dodging. I struggled to get the stake in deep enough to his heart, unsure if I could do it from this angle. Then, his struggles stopped. His eyes stared at me, stunned, and his lips parted, almost into a smile, albeit a grisly and pained one.

"That’s what I was supposed to say. . .” he gasped out.

Those were his last words.”

Richelle Mead
“We need to be together."
"Why?" I asked softly. The word was carried away on the wind, but he heard.
"Because I want you."
I gave him a sad smile, wondering if we'd meet again in the land of the dead. "Wrong answer," I told him.
I let go”