Jamie's Reviews > Do You Want to Be My Friend?

Do You Want to Be My Friend? by Eric Carle

Dec 29, 2010

A little mouse wants to find a friend. The mouse travels all over asking every animal it sees whether they want to be his friend. All of the animals ignore the little mouse. Finally, the little mouse meets another mouse. They become the best of friends.
In this story, Eric Carle remains faithful to his well known art style. The pictures are done in a collage style using tissue paper and paint. Fans of his artwork will immediately be able to identify this as an Eric Carle masterpiece.
This story has very few words. Therefore, it is best suited to be read to an individual child. Children will enjoy looking at the pictures and adding their own words to the pictures. This is a great opportunity for older and younger readers to practice creative storytelling. Before you turn the pages in this book, you see a preview of the tail of the next animal the mouse is going to encounter. This is a great opportunity for children to interact with the story by guessing the next animal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do You Want to Be My Friend?.