Elise Wilson's Reviews > Rekindled

Rekindled by Tamera Alexander

Dec 28, 10

Read in November, 2010

I always think of God as, among other things, the "God of Second Chances". Even when we make mistakes or wrong turns that diverge from God's will for our lives, God's grace and mercy intervenes, if we're faithful and seek it. Rekindled is a love story. It is a love story about second chances, as experienced by hero and heroine Larson and Kathryn Jennings. The book seemed a bit long and detailed in its introduction, but perhaps that foundation was needed to enable the reader to fully appreciate what later transpires.

A central message of the book is that we should learn to see things and people as God's sees them. And we should look beyond the external and seek to see the heart and its motivation, just as we would want done to ourselves. As we journey with Larson and Kathryn we get a glimpse of what this might look like -- the pain and joy -- and the importance of being rooted in faith.

I appreciated that the story had a satisfying and realistic ending. It was not a mushy, tied-together-too-neatly ending, but one that made sense given the storyline. This is not the first book I've read of Tamera Alexander. Nor will it be the last! She is a wonderful storyteller.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rekindled.