Laura Graves's Reviews > Insight (Insight, #1)

Insight (Insight, #1) by Jamie Magee

Mar 17, 11

bookshelves: 2011, young-adult
Read from December 28, 2010 to March 17, 2011

I oringally came upon Jamie Magee's novel on my first visit to Smashwords. It was free at the time and sounded very interesting. I tried to read it as soon as I downloaded it, but I just had too much going on at the time. When she signed up for the Book Lovin' Bitches Ebook Tours, I jumped at the chance to finish up the novel I had started.

As far as characters go, Willow and Landen are jsut stellar. Though they've been in each other's dreams for years, they still manage to grow even closer together after they meet. The reader gets to join them on their journey to understanding how poweful their love really is. Their undeniable connection and the strength and power it brings them is reason enough to give this book praise. To add to that, there are some terrific supporting characters. Willow's grandmother, Rose, was probably my favorite, and her sister Libby was pretty wonderful as well. And though Drake is the antagonist, I appreciated the way he was portrayed, and all the evil that surrounded him.

As much as I hate to say it, there are some things I didn't like about the book. It's because of these that I only liked it rather than loved it. First I want to say that I think the entire premise of the story is very interesting and has a lot of potential. The problem with it is that it's information overload. There is so much to explain. It was a little overwhelming. Honestly, during those parts I had to make myself keep reading so that I could get to the parts that made me want to keep reading, like the last 1/3 of the book. I admit I was confused and had to work some of it out in my head a few times. Still, the whole world is very intriguing and has the potential to become a really epic series. I might have to pick up the next one when it's released.

All in all, Insight is a pretty good debut, introducing the reader to an original and captivating world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insight (Insight, #1).

01/02/2011 page 40
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jodie (Books for Company) Are you enjoying this? l am reading it next

Laura Graves I am really enjoying it, though I haven't had as much time as I'd like to read it as I'd like the past week. Hopefully, I'll have plenty of time this week.

Jodie (Books for Company) l started it and it seems good! =)
Hope u get to finish it soon =)

message 4: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn I loved the charaters (willow and Landen) but the plot was a tad bit confusing. I hope the next two are a little bit better