JoAnn's Reviews > The Christmas Train

The Christmas Train by David Baldacci

Dec 28, 10

bookshelves: romance, funny
Read in December, 2010

A few months ago I was looking for something on my church's website and I found the teaching pastor's profile that included a list of some of his favorite authors. David Baldacci was the name that stuck in my mind and when I came across a copy of this book a week or two later, I picked it up.
The book is set on a train trip from Washington D.C. to Chicago on the Capitol Limited and from Chicago to Los Angeles on the Southwest Chief. Several years ago I took the Southwest Chief from L.A. to Chicago and back for a family wedding. On the way to Chicago someone with breathing problems died when the train was in the high altitudes. On the way back someone died under suspicious circumstances which required the train to stop for several hours while the local coroner investigated. Since then, I have always believed anything could happen on a train.
This is the first book I have read by Mr. Baldacci and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I even laughed out loud a few times. I am looking forward to reading more books by him.
Thanks, Pastor Dale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Christmas Train.