Justin's Reviews > Best Friends

Best Friends by Francine Pascal

I'm only adding the first book because I think I read about sixty of these when I was eleven or twelve, and I really don't feel like searching through them all. I loved this series, though, and I think to some degree it actually ruined my life. See, I started reading these in fifth grade, and I looked forward to going to middle school the next year because it would be OMFG JUST LIKE SWEET VALLEY. Yeah. It wasn't. Phyllis Reynolds Naylor's Alice books were much closer to reality, but I didn't discover those until after the horror had begun.

Still, these were a big part of my life at one point. I especially enjoyed the ghost story super-special-spooky versions. One that I actually didn't like at the time, but appreciate in retrospect, was the special Christmas book where the twins went into the Narnia-like world. I think it bothered me because it was so unlike the other Twins books, but I read a recap on the 1bruce1 community on Livejournal recently, and man, there was some serious Jungian shit going on there. I wonder if the ghostwriter was aware of what he or she was doing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Friends.