Bird's Reviews > Succubus Dreams

Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead

Dec 28, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal, read-in-2010, saucy, ebooks
Read in December, 2010

OMG! Fan girl squeal!! I'm so crazy about this series right now, it's almost a bit embarassing.

Richelle Mead so perfectly captures the feel of real relationships, that this one was almost painful for me to read. In many romances, the relationship between the hero and heroine is perfect until one huge blowout happens, which tears them apart. That's certainly exciting, but hardly realistic. Instead, Georgina and Seth's relatioship slowly stumbles over small issues, which build to seemingly insurmountable ones. Then one day they realize that those small arguments and bickering have built to something much more serious, without them even realizing it was happening.

***SPOILERS***
If I hadn't read this book on my brand-spanking-new ereader, I would have thrown the book across the room at the end. Why does Seth have to be such an asshat?!?!?!?! UGH!! He better be pretty damn amazing in the following books to redeem himself in my mind! (BTW, I figured out who he was going to sleep with halfway through the story, so while it wasn't a complete surprise, it was certainly upsetting!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Dreams.