Carolyn F.'s Reviews > Dark Desires

Jan 17, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: historical-romance, library-book, mystery
Read on January 17, 2011 , read count: 1

Stinky! I think this is her first book and I like her books under her alias Eve Kenin but boy, this one was pretty bad. The story line would make you think it would be better - middle class woman fallen on hard times goes to her madame sister to work at a doctor who is known to dissect bodies perhaps illegally. But the way Darcie is attracted to Damien and him to her, totally unbelievable and no spark at all, at least in my opinion. I'm only giving her 2 stars because this is probably her first book, otherwise this would be a 1 star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Desires.

06/21 marked as: read

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise Thanks for the heads up Carolyn!

Carolyn F. I had heard her Eve Silver books weren't as good, but I loved the Eve Kenin and she said she wouldn't be writing under that name/style anymore so I'd thought I'd give it a try. If I read something of hers again, it'll be awhile.

message 3: by Denise (last edited Jan 17, 2011 07:53PM) (new)

Denise I'll have to check out the Kenin books. I have been reading a lot of books lately that the story line is great, but the writer just couldn't pull it off.

Carolyn F. They're futuristic post-apocalyptic, so 180 degrees from the Silver books. If you like that genre, you should like the books.

Laura (Kyahgirl) this is free on BookBub today so thought I'd check reviews....I will take your word for it. I only read one Eve Kenin book and liked it. I should check out more.