Mina's Reviews > The Red Pyramid

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

2205523
Dec 28, 2010

Read in January, 2011

This is a young adult book, and I really enjoyed it. The thing I like about Rick Riordan's stuff is that is makes old history--information that is actually quite important to have a grasp on in our culture--and makes it interesting and contemporary and exciting. I read the Percy Jackson series last spring, and 3 of my 4 kids have read or are reading it. Because of it, my 9 year old son has been on a Greek mythology kick for the past 4 months or so. He checks out other books on mythology from the library because he thinks it's cool. As soon as he's finished with that series, I'll have him start on this one.

The Red Pyramid is the first installation in the Kane series. Carter and Sadie Kane (14 and 1) are two orphaned-ish kids who discover that their heritage lies in the pharaohs and magicians of ancient Egypt. It written a "transcription" of audio recordings that the kids are making of their adventures. It was easy to read, although fairly long for a kids' book. It certainly kept moving quickly, though, and held my interest easily.

The only down-side for me is that I prefer to find these series after several of the installations have already been published. I guess I am not super patient. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Pyramid.