Sarah A.'s Reviews > Once Bitten

Dec 28, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: books-i-couldn-t-finish
I own a copy

For the life of me I couldn't understand what this book wanted to tell me! It kept unrelenting pace with events that I didn't care much about. The characters weren't properly intoduced in order for me to like them or at least understand them and have some sort of familiarity with them therefor I coudln't care less what happened to them! Another thing irked me in this book was the 100 times repeated gestures, it seems the heroine "Kita" is a magnet for the touch! EVERY guy wants to touch her somehow and EVERY time she's "shrugged him off" or "pulled away from his hand" ! and she pukes alot!!!!!! I'm sure other poeple will read this review and say "whaaa? is she insane?" The thing is, to me this book might have been good but it came out undeveloped and lacking. I gave it 2 stars for the fact that it wasn't SO awful, and had I had more patience I might've kept reading more than half of it (which is almost where I had stopped and raised the white flag!). I wanted to like this book so much, I even got the sequel :(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Bitten.

12/27/2010 page 70
12/28/2010 page 136
49.0% "I'm trying.. I'm really trying.. it's just dragging on, eventless and sometimes not making alot of sense."

Ghadeer A shame on you sis..just keep reading it..and beside the second book is much better trust me..its just new style for me..am sooo fed up with girls who know it all and stronger than the guys they fell in love with..so i liked this very much because kita is not so tough and yes she "pukes" alot due to that fact..and she does not trust anyone thats why she does not let anyone touch her..

in a way this series is starting backwards..because the third book is about her family and her dad and the second is about her realationship with her maker and the first book is about her..

please read the second book am sure you will like it..but i do think the books are too long..:)

Sarah A. I will not bother answering you here! I'll call you now and tell you EXACTLY how I felt,,, Grr!