Emily's Reviews > The 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My Soul

The 100 Thing Challenge by Dave Bruno

972022
Jan 01, 12

Read from December 27, 2011 to January 01, 2012

I expected a book filled with stories about how he really, really needed something, but it wasn't one of the one hundred things that he owned and it was a great, and possibly hilarious, trial to do without. If that is what you are looking for, this book will be so boring for you. But if you like the fact that the book talks more about the peace, rather than strife, that came to the author's life, then you will think this book rocks! I sure did!

My favorite part of the book is when he tells about the most perfect day he had. He counted up the items that he used and it was somewhere around twenty. Everything else that made the day awesome was not material. It was the people around him and the beauty of the world. Those things are always around us and they don't cost anything. They don't require a big house or a storage unit to keep them. They just are. I forget about those things all too often.

I'm purging stuff from my house. If only I could get my husband to do the same. When will he ever need 13 lanyards, half a dozen mismatched coffee mugs, and umpteen million keychains? So, sometimes I just chuck one or two in the trash and don't say anything. He hasn't noticed so far. IF, and that's a giant if, he ever notices, I'll fess up. If you mention it to him, I'll kick your butt.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 100 Thing Challenge.