Shelleyrae at Book'd Out's Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

Oct 20, 11

bookshelves: netgalley-reviews, arc-are
Read from October 10 to 11, 2011 — I own a copy

Due primarily to reader demand, Kagawa extended her original Iron Fey trilogy to include The Iron Knight. This novel is Ash's story, with Meghan installed as the Iron Queen, the UnSeelie prince can see only one way to be with his love - to become mortal.
Ash, along with Puck set out on their quest to find the mysterious Guardian who has the power to give Ash a soul. There is plenty of adventure and danger and as well as some lighter moments thanks mainly to Puck's sense of mischief and Grimalkin's generalized disdain. It's a heroic journey and Kagawa plays it out masterfully. Yet the Iron Knight is driven by emotion as Ash confronts his past, his love for Meghan and the possibilities of his future.
Since I was never a huge fan of Meghan I didn't miss her absence in the Iron Knight. I loved that Puck had a strong role in the story, if Kagawa could be swayed i would love a novel just about Puck, particularly given the ending of the Iron Knight. There are two new characters who accompany Ash and Puck on their quest, one is the big bad wolf of legend the other I won't reveal for fear of spoilers but suffice it to say it will surprise readers.
The world building is, as it has been through the series, imaginative and interesting. I really like the author's mythology which is a mix of creative license and familiar legend.
Apparently Julie Kagawa is planning a spin off series featuring Ethan (Meghan's little brother) but I would be very interested in an adult title from this author.
I'm wary of writing too much about The Iron Knight because if you have become a fan of this series then I don't want to give away anything. The Iron Fey has been a wonderful series to read and The Iron Knight is a wonderfully satisfying conclusion which I think fans will love.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out Sammie =^.^= wrote: "beautifully put"

Thanks Sammie