Amie's Reviews > Crystal Singer Omnibus

Crystal Singer Omnibus by Anne McCaffrey

Dec 29, 10

Read from December 28 to 30, 2010

Overall, I really liked this trilogy. I think that the character development and world building is really interesting, and believable. The main character Killa was easy enough to like, and I could relate to some of her characteristics, even though she isn't really anything like me overall - and I think most people probably could, which is good in a book usually.
The three books could be read separately but are even better together, as each links really well, with moments in the third book linking back or referencing even the first chapter of the first. I think that helped to engage me as a reader and keep things interesting.
The writing style was nice to read, a bit different to what I've been used to lately maybe, but not in a bad way. I think she did really well in creating a world so different to our own at least partly in values as well as being in the future and somewhere seemingly far away, but a world that is really believable and able to be understood.
A lot of the time I don't like Sci-Fi, but this I definitely really liked.
I'll be looking to read more of Anne McCaffrey's work.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crystal Singer Omnibus.

12/28/2010 page 391
36.0% "Just finished first of the trilogy. Love the main character and the world she has built. It's kind of fascinating."
12/28/2010 page 737
68.0% "Finished the second book of this trilogy! I really liked this one for the explorations of different relationships and emotions/reactions, and seeing a different part of this world. I also think the time jump was an appropriate length between this book and the one before."
12/29/2010 page 955
89.0% "Nearly finished~! Excited, this book is pretty cool so far. I don't think I like this third one as much as the others, but it's pretty cool. It's interesting seeing how the three books link together, foreshadowing etc while still being okay as standalone books. More reviewing when I'm done!"
show 1 hidden update…