Iyah's Reviews > The Annotated Brothers Grimm

The Annotated Brothers Grimm by Jacob Grimm

Dec 28, 10

I own a copy of this book and boy is it expensive. I think it is the most pricey book I've ever bought so far. But I'm telling you it is worth it. You will like this book. Especially if you are into fairy tales just like me.

Okay, so remember when you were a kid, remember all those fairy tale stuffs you've been told about? Tell you something-they aren't the real story. The Fairy tale books printed for kids and the Fairy tale movies filmed by Disney were all edited to fit the imagination of younger generations.

For example did you know that Cinderella's sisters chopped off their feet just so the shoe would fit them?

Did you also know that Rapunzel got pregnant after the prince's visit?

Interesting huh?

Course you would already know all these if you're a Brothers Grimm Fan.

But what sets this book apart from all those books about Brothers Grimm tales?

This is the unedited and translated version of the original tales published by the Brothers Grimm themselves.

There's annotations and pictures that will help you further understand the real tale and the history behind it.

So if you think you're old enough for real gruesome tales, you might wanna read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Annotated Brothers Grimm.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Yay! I hope to read my version of this book soon din!

Iyah It's a good book. But not something you would read continuously. I only read one tale before I go to bed. Haha

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah is this where Ariel the Mermaid became a sponge?

Iyah hahaha no the Litte Mermaid is in Hans Christian Andersen's tales. This book contains the Brothers Grimm tales. That includes, Cinderella, Rapunzel, The Frog Prince, Hansel and Gretel and many more. :]

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Oh. sorry. haha.

Iyah Sarah wrote: "Oh. sorry. haha."

Oh that's fine haha no need to say sorry. :]