Dayna's Reviews > Full Dark, No Stars

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King

Jan 02, 11

bookshelves: kindle
Read from December 27 to 30, 2010

So dark and creepy - the second story, BIg Driver, had my heart truly racing! I actually read an excerpt from that story and then had to go buy the book on my Kindle - such a cool feeling to read something in a magazine and then start reading the full book within 5 minutes with even leaving the house. I have not read this kind of book in a long time and I loved every second. The book is four short stories/novellas and every one great. There is sort of a theme of the everyday person committing murder, not necessarily the type of people you would expect. People that are put into extraordinary circumstances and make the decision to kill and then deal with the very real consequences. Fair Extension is truly the darkest - about such a twisted kind of jealousy, how you can actually hate someone that is close to you because everything seems to go their way. And A Good Marriage was really interesting too, what do you do when you find out that the person you're married to is not at all the person you thought? That one also had me on the edge of my seat. I will definitely be reading Stephen King again after this -I love all of the details, the modernity of it. He really doesn't go in for the unrealistic coincidence or deus ex machina. He makes his characters squirm, and makes me squirm too.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Dark, No Stars.