Emilie's Reviews > Hyperdream

Hyperdream by Hélène Cixous

Jul 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012, autobiography, theory, poetry, madness, feminism, favorites
Read from May 29, 2011 to July 02, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hyperdream.

Quotes Emilie Liked

Hélène Cixous
“Almost every day I can feel myself suffering mainly in the head, I can explain the pain to myself but knowing it comes from an inflammation of my imagination doesn't prevent it being reality itself. What's more I'd be crazy not to go crazy. We don't know what an illness is. On awful hurts we plaster little old words, as if we could think hell with a paper bandage.”
Hélène Cixous, Hyperdream

Hélène Cixous
“the refugees leave a refuge, enter a refuge run to the windows, what they see makes them move on, they move, refuge means move, move moves on into madness, my book I say is on the move, we are moving each other”
Hélène Cixous, Hyperdream

Emilie lost this in last move. waiting on new copy.

Natalie Let me know what you think x

Emilie when i was reading it, it was...breathtaking. i remember thinking that she is the most beautiful awe inspiring writer i'd ever read. i couldn't believe that i hadn't read her in so long. (i'd read some of her nonfiction ages ago in college, and i remember loving it. but reading her, my god, she is a goddess. nothing i say feels adequate.) i put it aside in may because i was too much in my own grief and the w... then i lost track of it in the last move. i'd love to talk about it after i finish it. what are your favorites by her?

Natalie Oh what you wrote was just beautiful, Emilie.

This is by far my favorite by her. Seeing that you were reading her reminded me that I have two more of her books that I bought while I was reading Hyperdream. However, writing my thesis, and some other horrible life events got in the way, and I couldn't read such beauty at that time.

I might start again today, she will surely life my Christmas blues.

She really is perfect, isnt she?

Emilie thanks, natalie. i hope that she lifts your christmas blues.