*MystGrrl*'s Reviews > Where Rainbows End

Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern

Dec 27, 10

bookshelves: tales-of-humour, tales-of-romance, tales-of-fiction
Read in December, 2010 — I own a copy

I loved PS I Love You, so I thought I'd give another Ahern book a go. I wasn't to fazed by the fact the story of Where Rainbows End is completely written as a correspondence, mostly between the two main characters, family and friends. I had read The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot which was written in a similar style and stilled loved the story.

The gist of Where Rainbows End is have you ever had someone, a boy or girl, who you had been friends with for long period of time and even though it seemed that you both liked each more than just friends, the circumstances where never quite right? You'd be single but he'd be dating someone else or vice versa? This story is what happens when two best friends Rosie and Alex are separated and the wrong set of circumstances keep tearing them apart though fate kept bringing them back together.

This book kept making me want to bash my head against a brick wall. Though I'm familiar with the situation, the fact that the story of this book takes place over a few DECADES with the same vicious cycle repeating itself over and over and over and over (x10) again, was really quite painful to read. By the end of the book I really pitied both Alex and Rosie for all the time lost and wasted.

Though you might enjoy the development and drama of the main characters, their friends and family, it might take you a while you get through this book as there is only so much repetitive/depressing events you can take in a space of time. I found myself repeatedly putting the book down and doing something else just to take a break from the same cycle of events.

The story wasn't bad but it wasn't great either and though the ending finally gave me a sigh of relief, I don't think it will be enough for me to pick up this book again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Rainbows End.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rebekah I agree about wanting to bash my head in. It angered me that they took so long to get together. And there were no letters to each other after they FINALLY came together.

message 2: by Tasneem (new)

Tasneem exactly and no elaboration on their bliss experienced when together at tyhe end

Mandi Bashing your head against a brick wall, yep. That about sums it up.

Monica Susanna completely agree