Jessica(Spinecracker)'s Reviews > Tracking the Tempest

Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: purchased-pile
Read from January 11 to 13, 2011

Originally Posted at: http://thespinecracker.blogspot.com/
This book was as much about Jane playing catch-up with her thoughts and emotions as it was about the crazy psycho-killa. Jane has finally released herself from the emotional prison she's been locked away in since her first love died years before. But is she ready for a new relationship? Does she understand how that's suppose to be/feel. Since I absolutely adore Jane, it was great to watch her open up. It was even better that it didn't change our beloved/hilarious/surprising heroine.

Right now, the otherwise very sophisticated vampire by my side had a mouth saying "I'm so glad you're here, Miss True." But what his eyebrows were saying was "I'ma rock yo' shit, shorty." I liked what both his mouth and his eyebrows had to say, so I strained up on my tippy-toes to kiss them each in turn. Ryu obliged me by stooping into kiss range.
"I'm glad I'm here too, " I told him, trying to get my own eyebrows to say "I'ma rock you right back, boo," but I managed only to look constipated.

At the same time, everything is officially hitting the fan among the supernaturals. There's a crazy serial killer on the loose that leads Jane, Ryu, and Anyan into a nasty world of nightmare-proportion experiments aimed at half-breeds like Jane. At every turn she seemed to be under attack, setting a fast-paced story. Her relationship with Ryu and others are evolving and I for one was extremely happy with the outcome. Peeler's second book in the Jane True series has a continuity that make this feel like Act II of a larger tale. She introduces us to a list of new characters though, helping the story remain interesting and distinct.

Bottom Line: Great follow up to a new-to-me series. I am desperate for more.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tracking the Tempest.

01/11/2011 page 79
25.0% "I love these books" 6 comments
01/13/2011
100.0% "Can't. Wait. For. More."
show 1 hidden update…