Stacey Jo's Reviews > Unintended

Unintended by M.J. O'Shea

1950408
Dec 27, 2010

bookshelves: mm-coming-out, mm-first-time, wanna-read-next, 3-mm-i-own, 4-mm-i-ve-read, favorite-books, young-adult, mm-college, mm-gang-bang-shelf
Read from August 04 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy

Another warm and fuzzy read that I've just placed on my favorites shelf. This one is loaded with angst and if you've read any of my other reviews you know that I'm a complete, utter and total sucker for angst and unrequited love. I calltjis young adult but only in the sense the the story is told in a series of flashbacks to when Alex and Taylor first met as seniors in high school. It's not young adult in the physical sense, but it's not a steamy read either.

The story starts in present day with a happily married Alex and Taylor, so you already know how the story ends. Then we flash back to ten years ago when they meet at Alex's party. Alex is gorgeous, rich, shy, and very mysterious. They are immediate best friends and inseparable. Alex is gay though and is soon falling for Taylor. Taylor, who thought he was straight, is starting to have feelings for Alex. After their first kiss, they are head over heels. It's a slow progression though. And for those who might be ringing bells, they are both 18 when they do eventually have sex.

(view spoiler)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unintended.