Laura's Reviews > You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know

You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know by Heather Sellers

Dec 27, 10

Read in December, 2010

This is a really unusual memoir, about her unusual childhood and coming to terms with her face-blindness. I loved her writing style, and I liked the way she shifted the narrative between the past and the present, so that you could understand where she was coming from and how it was affecting her currently.

It was a little difficult to relate to her - the story just isn't that common. And I felt bad that it didn't seem like she was ever able to get a real diagnosis on either of her parents. The book raised a lot of interesting points through her relationships (like how did two people like her and Dave find each other, and do the disfunctional seek each other out?), and I also found her relationship with Helder interesting. I understand her decision to omit her brother from the story, but was curious to know what their relationship was - it would seem like he would be someone that could at least understand part of her story.

Worth a read, and made me curious to check out her fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know.