Bluerose's Heart's Reviews > The Wolf of Tebron

The Wolf of Tebron by C.S. Lakin

Jan 05, 11

bookshelves: clean, fantasy, young-adult-12-and-up, little-no-romance
Read from December 27, 2010 to January 05, 2011

It took me a little while to get into the story. I really think this is one you have to fully commit to reading or you won’t like it. I went back and forth between really liking parts of it and hating it. I found a lot of it confusing and weird, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. The more you read, the more details are given. The ending clears up all other loose ends.
This story is suppose to be a representation of God’s love and devotion. I’m not going to review on that aspect of the story, because that makes it even more confusing and I’m not totally sure I like it as a representation of God.
I didn’t like that Joran seemed so immature throughout most of the story, but he did grow throughout, so I’m sure that was the point. I also really wished he seemed to love his wife more through most of the story. He only goes to save her to get relief from his nightmares.
Again, if you read to the end, you’ll like this story more, but it’s not one for everybody. I had a difficult time through most of it. And this is a Christian book, but you can totally read it as simply a fairy tale. I think there’s only one or two quotes from the Bible. If you didn’t know it was a Christian book, you’d never know.

*In conjunction with the CSFF Blog Tour, I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf of Tebron.