Joy's Reviews > Force of Nature

Force of Nature by Suzanne Brockmann

2711937
Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: action-adventure, mystery-suspense, thriller, public-reads, contemporary-fiction, romantic-suspense
Read from January 15 to 19, 2011 — I own a copy

As soon as I saw this book, I grabbed it just because it's by Suzanne Brockmann. After reading two books from the Troubleshooters series (though not in order), I'm convinced with her masterful writing I won't be disappointed - and I wasn't. This is the third book I read and I don't mind reading not in order. I would love to get my hands on the first ones though.

After reading the first few chapters, my reading pace just raced because Ms Brockmann didn't just capture my interest, she sustained it. This is one of those books I wasn't able to put down, and it's clear that there are two sets of primary characters.

I liked the way the author wrote the love between two attractive men. It's a whirlwind of emotions and I admit that I'm not a fan of gay literature, I appreciated this one because it was beautifully written, no smut here folks! Jules Cassidy and Robin Chadwick are the perfect pair, and I found myself riveted to their story. Theirs is the story that moved me, not Ric and Annie's.

When it comes to Ric and Annie, it's a case of years of denial and stupidity, the usual macho thing of protecting the woman but Annie won't hear of it. She's a kickass heroine and that makes Ric nervous because she means the world to him ever since. It was really stupid of him to believe Bruce about Annie being a lesbian. There are a fair amount of sex scenes, not too detailed but exciting all the same.

The suspense made me hold my breath, Jules handled it extremely well given the circumstances. The four of them really did their part and everyone could be credited. Annie's fighting spirit never wavered, Ric's love for Annie kept him going despite the bullet wound, and Robin's quick thinking on the boat. Gosh, I loved the action, suspense, Hollywood setting and the little bit of espionage.

This novel is for all those who're still in the closet and are unhappy with their lives. Robin, in the height of his success, gave all that up to be with Jules, and to seek help in being an alcoholic. It's true what they say not all people get the chance to love and be loved in return, and if you're one of them lucky ones, then you better hold on to it. Not only was I entertained, but I learned a lot of things and felt connected to the characters. Not all authors could achieve that, and I'm glad I picked this up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Force of Nature.