Mojca's Reviews > Night Shield

Night Shield by Nora Roberts

Jan 26, 11

bookshelves: nora-roberts-jd-robb, harlequin-and-silhouette, series-night-tales, suspense-mystery-adventure-thriller, bodyguard-military-merc-gov-cop-leo, favorites
Read from January 25 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Alison Fletcher thinks she's got everything under control. Though her stalker-ish ex-boyfriend is trying to erase the "ex", her case is progressing rather smoothly, if you forget her father's drop-dead gorgeous former protégé's infuriatingly arousing presence. Then, she shoots a woman in self-defense and everything goes up the chimney with the dead woman's crazy brother coming after Alison with a vengeance, her father's gorgeous former protégé getting under her skin, and the stalker ex-boyfriend escalating.

What is a gal to do?

This was by far the best book in this series. Alas, it was also the last, but I'll definitely come back to it at a later occasion. A reviewer mentioned Alison and Jonah were the prototype for Eve and Roark in In Death series, and though I haven't read one book out of it, that piece of information was quite an incentive.

Anyway, I loved this story. Great characters, wonderful, explosive chemistry, believable situations, good suspense, great pacing...And it was wonderful to see the Night Tales family reunion in one of the funniest barbecue scenes I've read in a while.

A 5-star keeper!
3 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Shield.

01/25/2011 page 226

message 1: by Delia (new)

Delia Binder Actually, Mojca, I'd say the entire Night Tales series was a dry run for Eve and Roarke: NIGHTSHADE's female MC, Althea Grayson, is a sexual abuse survivor like Eve is; Gage Gutherie from Night Shadow is super-wealthy like Roarke is (though his crimefighting involves being a Batman/Spirit/Shadow-like superhero, "Nemesis"); and Boyd Fletcher and Thea have a close but nonsexual partnership that's kind of like Young Feeney and Young Eve.