Ren's Reviews > The Darkest Seduction

The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter

Jun 06, 12

bookshelves: favorite-cover, drooling-cover, romantic-or-couple-cover, own-paperback, abused-character, angel, annoying-chara, alpha-hero, ass-kick-heroine, author-autobuy, best-cover-at-series, buy-it-oline-at-bookdepository, cant-wait-the-new-release, character-with-tattoo-and-piercing, crazy-character, demon, enemy-to-lover, epic, favorite, ghost, god-goddes, greek-myth, humor, immortal-warrior, king-queen, make-me-nosebleed, my-nom-nom-boyfriend, own-and-read, paranormal, challenge-pnr-2012, challenge-book-in-english-2012, sadistic-psycho-chara, steamy, special-ability, stubborn-chara, there-are-hot-men, top-read-2012, tortured-hero, challenge-utc-demon-2012, challenge-utc-2012, wow-fantastic-baby
Recommended for: LOTU fans!!
Read from June 01 to 03, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

More than 5 stars and Top Read 2012.

Another must read for Lords of The Underworld fans. And for you who dying to read Paris's story. Wonder if he finally find his ladylove that manage to make his hard twice, but then die and Cronus ressurect and make her Keeper of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone. And being faithful. Commitment and Paris. Two words that against each other.

Gena put S to SUPERB and this book is epic. With capital E. Once again she prove the reasons why she will always be my favorite authors. The ending make me wonder if her new series Angel of The Dark with the first book Wicked Nights coming in the end of June (woohoo!!) is the bridge for the new arc of Lords of The Underworld saga. Either way, I can't wait to read her new installment.

And Paris of course officially become one of my nom-nom boyfriends ;)

Read my review below for the cover :) (yeah I do review for the cover too, not just the story, LOL!)

UPDATE :
Alright! Gena already announced it in her web so the cover and the blurb are OFFICIAL!!

PRETTTEEEHHH!! :P

My thought about this :
- I'm glad Paris paired with Sienna, not to another chick. I'm almost afraid if Gena will make new heroine for Paris, and I think its not the best turn ever. Readers will mad, trust me =P (Gena mention she plan to make another heroine for Paris in her blog, but glad Paris so stubborn to have Sienna. WTG, Paris!!)

- Sienna..look sexy! I know she look usual and homey, not attractive when she first appear at Lucien's book, The Darkest Kiss. But look at her now, possessed by Wrath (no spoiler here, if you are LOTU fans), she will make one of sexy winged heroine ever. Of course she might have a better personalities to make readers love her.

- Paris...ummm, I'm a little bit disappointed to not see Paul Marron here, but *cough2* models cover not just him, right? Not so favorite for this version of Paris. They do his hair wrong! His hair is several different colors, like brown, bronze, and gold (thanks for Jen from RedHotBooks for the head up). Its more like dark brown, IMO. (or they can't captured his hair color?) And his chin not chiseled enough. But the rest are pretty well-done..

- Something that bugged me, why both of them wear jeans?? I can understand about Sienna, but Paris? Are hero in PNR and UF genre supposed to wear leather pants, long black coats, and long hair, sooo pretty, it can be the result from H*rbal Essence shampoo?? => forgive me for my addictive to PNR..and no, I don't like men with long hair...

- Paris's butterfly tattoo are wrong. Its not located at his upper arm but his lower back (thanks to Megan for tell me about this).. Maybe because the model pose are hug Sienna like that, and they don't want miss the tattoo, so the solution are like that. Huh, boo! =(

- Paris are Keeper of Promiscuity who need sex in regular basis to survive. But I doubt this book will have so many sex scenes or Sienna and Paris act like busy bunnies. We don't want this book turn to be erotica, right? (Not that I'm complaining, tho =P)

The last words... THIS IS THE BEST COVER AT LOTU AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THEIR STORY!!! BRING IT ON, GENA!! =D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Seduction.

06/01/2012 page 105
21.0% "Cronus and Rhea, both are sick"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hbeebti Whi do you think it is?

message 2: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Its between Narcissism or Sienna , but I hope Paris's heroine is Sienna :)

Ollie I really hope it is Narcissism but I can't stand Sienna and just think everything about her is the wrong fit and the wrong reason for Paris to like her and want her.

message 4: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Its Sienna. I just found the blurb and cover. Not sure if its official yet, but I love the couple cover! And the black background too.

Ollie, if I can choose between Narcissism and Sienna, I will choose Sienna.It will be a waste if Paris will be paired with someone else, while its clear he and Sienna have connection since Lucien's book. And Sienna too the reason Paris choose to freed Aeron from his madness..

Trish The cover is awesome!! For some reason I am having trouble with remembering Narcissism- but I liked Sienna's character in past books. I hate it when a character slips my mind.

message 6: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Trish wrote: "The cover is awesome!! For some reason I am having trouble with remembering Narcissism- but I liked Sienna's character in past books. I hate it when a character slips my mind."

Yeah, very! Even they do Paris's hair wrong! He's blonde! :(
I can't remember Narcissism too,lol. Since I still save Amun's book and plan to read it together when Stider's come out. =)

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Love this cover!

message 8: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Jen wrote: "Love this cover!"

Me too.. even somethings bugged me.. why Paris must wear grey jeans???? o_O

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly I gotta agree with your jeans issue as well as his hair Ren. But this is THE BEST COVER EVER!!!! I love it!

✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿ practically the best cover out of all the past books. First one to have a woman on the front. love it!

Kat (idangerous) Totally amazing cover!! I can't wait for his book now!!

message 12: by Ashlyn (new) - added it

Ashlyn The cover is AMAZING! Sexy! Definitely the best!

message 13: by Ariana (new)

Ariana this is a nice over O_O but who is Narcissism x.x im confused lol.

Kat (idangerous) I don't think anyone knows who Narcissism is yet, the person has been mentioned a few times but no one has met her.

message 15: by Ariana (new)

Ariana ohhh okie lol. well thank you

Kat (idangerous) your welcome :)

Kelena I waiting for Paris's book like from decades now.....
28th Feb come FAST!!!

Melodie It's almost here...next week!! I am obsessed with this cover--have found myself staring at it multiple times a day. Can't wait to get my hand on the actual book so I can stare at it all day! LOL

message 19: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren For all of you that got this book now, I hate envy you!
I still wait for my copy arrived, since I live so far far away than US, need a months to read this :(

message 20: by Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly (last edited Feb 28, 2012 08:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly =o( Poor baby! I don't have it either! ;o)

message 21: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Megan/Meggerfly~TS wrote: "=o( Poor baby! I don't have it either! ;o)"

Oh, not buy the e-book? :/
I preorder the paperback, so I can stare to its cover <3

message 22: by Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly (last edited Feb 28, 2012 10:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly I have the LOTU as ebooks but because I Love Gena so much I want them in print as well. If I'm short on $ I just get the print version. I bought Maddox as a special edition hard cover and now all of my Lords books have to be the same way LOL. The special edition is on backorder from the company that I buy them from. Do you get your books from the Book Depository?

message 23: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Megan/Meggerfly~TS wrote: "I have the LOTU as ebooks but because I Love Gena so much I want them in print as well. If I'm short on $ I just get the print version. I bought Maddox as a special edition hard cover and now all o..."

Yes, the cheapest way for me to buy books! Especially new releases.
If I want buy book that already released 1-2 months ago, usually I go to Periplus or Kinokuniya. That place kinda like Borders or Barness and Noble. But will make you have nerdgasm! :P

Darla Man that last book was NOT my favorite either! I love all the Lords, but Strider and that harpy chick were not my favorite subjects to read about! It was painful and time consuming to finish, but not bad overall(once I was thru!)

message 26: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Hi Darla, sorry just see your comment :(. Yeah, for me "The Darkest Surrender" is never exist. LOL,maybe I sound to harsh, but read that book is such a torture for me too. So glad I love Paris's book, and make me to love this series again :)

message 27: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Hi. Just read about Paris and now starting Strider. It's just how it worked out. So, so far I've liked them all, and I know I will like this one ...just cuz I like Bianka's wickedness and compassion.

message 28: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren Hi, Sara :). Glad you enjoy Strider's :). I'm just a few people that don't like Kaia, lol! But to be honest, Bianka is better than Kaia, tho.

Darla Hey Ren its never too late to comment!! Especially when we are in agreement regarding that darn book and that crazy mouthy pain the the arse harpy! LOL!!