Laura's Reviews > The Perfect Scandal

The Perfect Scandal by Delilah Marvelle

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2010, romance-and-or-erotica, netgalley, rtheme-scars
Read from December 26 to 30, 2010

At the moment, my review is just like OH MY GOD, then a THIS IS SIZZLING then I just sort of melt away

Okay, enough time has passed that I can write a real review. There is A LOT going on in this book. Politics. Royalty. Cutting. Amputees. A reclusive grandmother who belongs on hoarders. Suicide. A political marriage vs a love one vs a marriage that fulfills the political part but is also built on mutual respect and affection and will bloom into love. This might have been a more affective book if it chose one or two of these and went with it. I am pleased that the heroine finds out about the hero's kinks and is intrigued by them, even though she doesn't really share them. I would love to see more of that in romance (non-erotic romance, at least). That was definitely something I would have liked to see explored more and I am disappointed that it wasn't because of the politics of the story taking over.

It definitely could be better. I don't expect this to be a five star read for everyone, the way it was for me. It just hit so many of my YES buttons that I had to love it. The heroine is POLISH! In a regency romance! Love it! I am Polish and Zosia is one of my favorite names and she is an amputee! That fact is never used in a trite or cliche way! She's pretty independent and no one, herself included, is a dick about it. I'm a huge fan of amputees in fiction and I have a (probably unhealthy) fascination because of a VERY close call in my childhood. I think a lot of people are like that. Wallflowers like to read wallflowers on romances, I have scars so I liked scarred heroes and heroines. This has a scarred up hero and an amputee heroine.

Oh, also, the sex is amazingly hot. Not one of those books where the sex sort of gets in the way of a good plot so you skip it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Scandal.