Sammi Walker's Reviews > Throne of Glass

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Jun 09, 12

Read in May, 2012

So I finished the galley a while ago, and I've been trying to put into words just how much I adore TOG. Epic. Heart wrenching. Beautiful beyond words.

There are a lot of things that are different about the version being published, and the version which was on, but I feel the changes are going to lead to even more mind blowing plot twists in the novels to follow.

What stayed the same though was Sarah's immense talent. The world is so real, you're sure it must have existed at some point in time, every little nuance creating settings which are so realistic you don't have to try hard to imagine them.

I'm terrible about writing just how strongly I feel about this novel, so I'll just say what was my absolute favorite thing about it. The Characters. Sarah writes characters as if she knows them and their stories personally, and is simply putting into writing what has actually happened. Each character is so well thought out, so well developed that you know what they know, you FEEL what they feel. Every heart breaking moment, every glimmer of happiness. They are like your intimate friends by the end of the novel. Their triumphs make you smile from ear to ear, and their sorrows make you weep for them.

Throne of Glass is the most achingly beautiful novel I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I'm not sure anything will ever be able to measure up to it...

P.S.-I'm pretty sure I'd marry Chaol in a heartbeat <3 <3 <3

I read QOG back when it was posted on (feels like forever ago!). Lol, I remember while reading it, thinking "this should be published!" and now it's coming out in early 2012!!! I'm so incredibley excited! Chaol is sooo dreamy!(...ok, like 95% of the guys in this book are dreamy). I can without a doubt say that I've never read anything better (and most of my spare money is spent on books). It is to die for (especially if you get on Celaena's wrong side!). I knew it would be published one day, and I have a good feeling we're looking at best seller here. :)
37 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Throne of Glass.

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Maas Awww!!! Thank you SO much, Sammi! :D :D

message 2: by Pink (new)

Pink hi i have a question, so theres 3 books of Throne of glass series. is this book a combination of all 3??

Sammi Walker Pink wrote: "hi i have a question, so theres 3 books of Throne of glass series. is this book a combination of all 3??"

Nope, it's only the beginning :)

Sammi Walker Sarah wrote: "Awww!!! Thank you SO much, Sammi! :D :D"

I'm the one who should be thanking YOU. <3

Emmy I defiantly agree I loved to book to and choal! Defiantly marry him in a flash.

Stephanie I loved Chaol too. Though Dorian loves books like me (a definate advantage over Chaol) he also seemed like a player. I'm not saying that he doesn't actually liek Celaena, jus that it seems like he doesn't realize if he's truly serious about wanting to be in a relationship with her. And Chaol seems so interesting and down-to-earth, and I really want to hear his backstory! I didn't know there was an original, so that's definately something I'll have to read. And I may reread TOG while I'm at it too. :)

Maia Hills I loved it