Natalie's Reviews > Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley

F 50x66
Aug 24, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 10 to June 06, 2012

What an amazing and inspiring lady! I read through the chapters of this book when I had time. It is a compilation of excerpts of talk and stories by Sister Hinckley, and stories shared about her from other people.

A few of my favorite quotes:
“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it.”

“The rewards of mothering are not immediate. There are times when you are less than appreciated. I took from the oven one day what I thought was a beautiful casserole, only to have my 6 year old son say, “Mom, how come you baked the garbage?”

“It is a valuable exercise to close your eyes every once in a while and think,”What is the most wonderful moment I have lived through during the past year?” I immediately think of two wonderful moments. One is when Evan Harbrecht’s beautiful voice filled the Swiss Temple on dedication day with the strains of ‘Bless This House’. Another was just an offhand remark from my 19 year old boy when he said, “Gee, thanks, Mom,” as I handed him a freshly ironed shirt. The grand and the simple. They are equally wonderful.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley.

Jodi I think this may be my favorite book of all time! I loved every story and experience that was written. She was an amazing woman!