Catherine's Reviews > Book of a Thousand Days

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

Dec 26, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, book-club
Read in December, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I really wanted to love this book, but I found the main character, Dashti, one dimensional. She was just too perfect. I also found parts of the story too unbelievable. I am not talking about the man changing into a wolf. I like a bit of fantasy, but it bothered me that Khan believed her when she said she was Lady Saren after she had already told him about her life as Dashti - telling him about her mother, and how she got her name, and living as a mucker - I just didn't buy it. I also didn't buy her going out and fighting against the wolf man. It seemed like a trashy romance novel type of thing.

I loved the character of Lady Saren. I found her character believable. She was suffering from extreme trauma. Her behavior reflected that trauma, fear, and depression. I loved when Dashti gave the cat to her. I loved how the cat helped Saren heal and become strong enough to fight against the wolf and be able to be known as Lady Saren once again. I loved her story, and I was glad she didn't end up married to Khan. She deserves to be loved for who she is.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Book of a Thousand Days.