Rebecca's Reviews > Bad Men

Bad Men by John Connolly

Dec 26, 2010

it was ok
Read in December, 2010

Bad Men equals bad plot, bad writing and bad characters.

I really wanted to like this book but, halfway through, I started getting uneasy. The story was confusing, head hopping between dozens of different characters, many of whom were so flat out crazy it wasn't possible to believe that people this sick could walk down a street without sending every dog into freak out mode. The paranormal stuff wasn't adding up and made even less sense as the book progressed.

Six sociopaths, including one cannibal, break their boss Moloch out of prison so he can track down his wife who, they hope, is still holding the money she stole from him. Money worth around three quarters of a million dollars. Money she stole 3 years before. Money they're not even sure she still has. Okay, split that 7 ways and then decide if your share is worth killing two cops and leaving a trail of bodies across several states.

Not that the police or FBI seem especially adept in this story. Except for getting killed in a prison break so obvious I bet they teach it in Police work 101, the cops are absent despite running a nationwide man hunt.

This allows everyone to get to Sanctuary island in the middle of a blizzard to recreate a slaughter that happened back in 1691 and no, that one isn't well explained either.

Basically, this book was a mess. I expected better from John Connolly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Men.

11/11/2016 marked as: read