Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*'s Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Danielle Steel

Jan 01, 11

bookshelves: past-present-theme
Read in January, 2011

This book was given to me as a gift by my staff.I have never bought a Danielle Steel book or read one as I didnt think it was my kind of book. But my fellow gift givers thought "women my age" like her books *scatches head here* not sure what they meant by that. So I started to read this book the day after Christmas ( afraid I may get a quiz or something ) and it was pretty good. It starts off with the main charcater Brigitte at the age of 38 being dumped by her boyfriend of 6 years and getting sacked from her job of 10 years.So she takes off to visit her mother in New York and begins to help her mom with her family genealogy project and it leads her to find a mysterious female Sioux ancestor.
So then the story flips from present story to past as Brigitte relates to her past ancestor.
The story/plot was good although at times I found it repetitious. Brigitte finds new direction and meaning in her life and also finds new love. All & all I did enjoy this book.( maybe cause women my age do?) not sure on that one.Would I buy a book by this author? probably not. Would I read another? sure I think I would. A fast read & enjoyable story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit A woman of your age?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Hmmm..yeah..older women read "tamer" books..no sex I assume..( if they only knew )LOL!! I should bring in a Bertrice Small book & leave on the desk...what do you think? Ha-Ha

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) I vote for The Love Slave. That would give them a different idea of what your tastes are. :D

Tried to read a Danielle Steele back in high school. Zoya. Didn't get too far in it at the time.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* He-He Ive got "Maid Marian" I could leave out...brave Misfit read ..but not I!

Suria Selvaraja Read Big Girl and Family ties simple and nice story